11.27.2013

Inspiration Wednesday

I'm going to start of my first week of blogging with a weekly post collection I'm going to call Inspiration Wednesday.  I'm going to use this post each week to show what has inspired me, be it a blog post I've read, a image I've pinned or images I've seen on houzz, etc.  I'll chose a couple of things each week to talk about and think it'll be fun!  So here we go! :)

I've been working on getting a mood board up for my living room and of course a blog post to follow, so I've been doing a lot of living room inspiration searching.


Transitional Living Room by San Anselmo Kitchen & Bath Designers Ann Lowengart Interiors, LLC

I'm still trying to figure out my over all "style" but I do know that I love pops of colour.  I love simple, neutral colours on walls, and big furniture and than using pillows and accents to introduce pops of colour throughout.  I especially love the green-ish yellow colour (chartreuse maybe?) and then rug in the image above.



I'm also trying to make a pretty big decision about a "built in".  We have a fairly big wall in our living room and I've always had the idea of making it a faux built in.  So I've been adding alot of images with built-ins, like the one above, to my houzz idea books.  I love that I can change the colours of the room by adding accent pieces to the shelves.  It's a great storage space (underneath) and it's classic.  I really love this look (and the great light hanging in the room too).

I'm also in the mood to organize, get rid of clutter, and junk that seems to be taking over our entire living space! And came across this great blog post, not to many days after telling my husband how annoying it is to always have big cans of paint in the garage or storage area in the basement.  Rachel tells us, and shows exactly how she uses cute little glass jars to hold spots of paint for touch ups throughout the house.  She labeled each of the jars with the room to which the paint matches.  Which is great when you have very similar colours throughout your house.  

Be sure to check out Pencil Shavings Studios, she's got some very colourful content (and I just noticed she has a similar banner-esque thing as the one I created for the top of my blog).  Cool! 

She also runs a super colourful Etsy store that sells, pillows, paper goods and more.  Be sure to check that out too.  I'm sure you'll find a few Christmas presents (and maybe a little something for yourself)!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs